Monday 28 April 2014

Delicious breakfast - French Toast Crumpets

Picture credit www.djfoodie.com/OMM-French-Toast

This weekend whilst staying with friends in Brighton I had the most delicious breakfast. Apparently it is a family favourite so I thought I would share the recipe here!

Ingredients:
2 crumpets per person
1 egg per person
splash of milk
pinch cinnamon
dried chilli flakes
maple syrup
*optional smoked bacon (not for me I'm vegetarian!)*

Just like making eggy bread whisk up the eggs, milk with a pinch of dried chilli flakes and cinnamon. Soak the crumpets in the chilli egg mixture and then cook them for a few minutes on each side til golden. Serve with cooked smoked bacon or as is with a little drizzle of maple syrup.

Sooo good I want to eat them everyday!

Jo

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment